Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Amsterdam Style

So finally got out and about here in Holland - went exploring, shopping and people watching. The place is just enchanting with its canals winding throughout the city.










Turns out I'm a fan of the local style out here - hey it's not conservative America! To be a woman in this place you have to dress in one of two fundamental ways.Boots are seemingly just about mandatory. One can then either put on blue or white jeans (tucked in of course) or wear a tiny mini skirt with tights/legging thingies. Generally there's a light jacket with a scarf on top.

Oh, and you have to be a minimum of 5'8". Short is out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh! Tall is in! I am liking that. I could get into the boots and skirts look, if I lived in Amsterdam. When are we moving?

Will said...

Let's practice getting the outfit right first :)

Fiona said...

No moving unless you take us with you. I like boots.