Saturday, February 7, 2009

Research

(in a sing-songy voice
It's Saturday Night and I know what I'm doing!:
Bridal Research!
 
A friend (Thank you Megan!) has just sent me *all* the books she used that a bride-to-be could want to help plan a wedding, keep sane, save money, check things off a list, and still have a gorgeous dream-like day.  These books on top of my splurge of bridal magazines that will help me pick my dress from the 750+ dresses out there, not to mention figure out which 4-tiered cake I want for the day or the fun, funky welcome bags we have to put together. 

I *should* be all set for planning the day now that I have fully armed myself with The Knot, Emily Post, Real Simple, Martha, Modern Bride, the Conscious Bride, Bridal Bargains,... oh the list goes on and on...

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Holy Crap! That girl did some research.

And let me tell you this: it paid off. That was one delightful wedding. And I say this *even though* I was in it. When you're *in* the wedding and you have a good time anyway, that's a really impressive accomplishment on the part of the bridal couple.

Mike said...

I love the photo! Let me know what you decide about the gift bags. 'Cause my bride and I need a better idea than our current plan of record, which involves beach buckets and glued-on sand.

Your photo looks a lot like our living room table, except that we had company last night, so our "research" is stacked vertically so as to look neat for our guests. Our guests were newlyweds so they gave us ample word-of-mouth "research" over dinner. Consequently, I will be buying suits for myself and my groomsmen, instead of renting tuxes. Can I borrow the "Bridal Bargains" book when you're done with it?