Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fruit failure - heads will roll

Well - a few comments on the Mandarin Oriental, sadly of the bad nature. This place is just getting worse and worse it would seem.

First up, today I had to press the button for my floor in the elevator; myself. It is unacceptable that I might have to expend that sort of energy on such a mundane task and they should replace the guy that guides me to the lift immediately.

Next - lets talk fruit - what did we have two days ago - I'll tell ya - Pears. Hardly inspiring.

Yesterday we had Tangarines of some sort - YAWN.

Worse still there was no little sign telling me about them - for all I know they were grown in Florida.....which is just a chilling thought.
They did seem sweeter than those we all eat during Christmas but regardless I'm a bit skeptical and I can get similar ones at home so a big raspberry to that! I'll never know since there was no sign.













Today I returned exhausted from my excursions excited at the prospect of sampling something new. They couldn't follow pears with tangarines with - oh I dont' know, lets say - bananas. 

well, well, well........
















The cheeky little buggers! Bananas. I don't care that the little sign says they are local. At this point I'm really losing faith.

PLUS - the little orchid dish - was empty - EMPTY!!!!!!!!!

Unforgiveable. They should all be replaced.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Honey, this is like that old southern expression: you know you've stayed too long when your hostess stops replacing the flowers in your room.

Time to come home.