Saturday, February 7, 2009

Never Coming Home

The treatment at the Madarian Oriental Hotel in Kuala Lumpur  apparently is so good that William may not come home. 

He gets Crème Brule lolli pops – "best idea I’ve seen in a while" --during the break at the show he is running:
He gets slippers and  fresh fruit in his hotel room daily; it's part of the turn down service:

First, bananas, and yesterday, Ya Pears.  He said they were "utterly delicious."  The Ya Pear is also known as a Chinese White Pear and apparently tastes like a cross between a rose and a pineapple.  Um, YUM. 


He reported that the weather was a lovely 105 degrees F yesterday and will continue to be warm and sunny for the week ahead. 

All of this makes me insanely jealous as I am freezing (though, it is going to get up to a balmy 60 degrees today) and *still* dealing with high pitched humming & whistling of the newly replaced heat pump on the boiler, a sloooooooooooow leak of the already twice fixed burst radiator pipe, and a head cold.  

Perhaps, I will leave this all to Kelly and go join Will....  now that's a thought. 

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Sounds warm, says Charles.

Sounds like a nice vacation, says me. I'd like turndown service, with or without slippers. At this point, I'd just like my throat to stop hurting.

Unknown said...

And I would like to breathe out both nostrils....

Will said...

I could probably get someone to bring me a glass of milk and read me a bed time story if I thought it necessary. Which I think it might be.

You have fun up there in the northern hemisphere - but yeah - I might not be home for a while.

Fiona said...

Would pookie like Goodnight Moon or Where the Wild Things Are?

Perhaps a foot massage?

Greedy, greedy, two of a kind...

BaysYates said...

Wow...I live an extraordinarily boring life. Will, do you need a personal assistant? I can be quite organized if need be. :)