Sunday, December 20, 2009

Candy Makers


Since the weather outside was frightful, I made cookies (white chocolate macadamia nut) and caramels. Every year for the holidays, my Aunt Carol sends my mother her homemade candies: bourbon balls, pecan bark, and caramels with hickory nuts. My mother has to hide the caramels from me because I will eat all of them. In one sitting. Carol lovingly shared her recipe with me and I set about making it, which includes (no joke) about 55 minutes of constant stirring.

I will admit that my caramels are darker and not as smooth as hers, and I used walnuts instead of hickory nuts, but the result is still amazingly delicious. I plan on giving them away, along with cookies, but Will has intentions of hiding them away, so he can eat them all.

1 comment:

Grandmother said...

Bring some for us to sample!