Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New TV Room/Library


Our t.v. room/library is complete. We got the new sofa last week--the only bright spot last Wednesday, when the workmen were giving us quotes on all the repairs needing to be done on the house. Isn't it pretty?

I also have organized the library. We have the German history together, the US history sorted, the World War I information away from the World War II. A travel section is underneath the European History section. Fiction (both trashy and classic) is in the entertainment section, along with the dvds. Africa and the Middle East history take up one shelf and Russian history a shelf and half. We are missing is the Far East/Asia section, but I will be working on that in the coming years. I do have nice collection on Empire.

The next step will be to actually alphabetize the books, but I think that I might need an intern for that, and have her or him create a card catalog for me and possibly a way to borrow them. I know you are all dying to read the about cabaret in Weimar Germany or the history of British food (yes, apparently there is a something other than meat pies in British cuisine).
And if history isn't your thing (then why are we friends?, I mean, ohh too bad), we always have the flat panel and loads of old British comedy series: Dad's Army, Blackadder, Yes Prime Minister! and you can snuggle down into the new couch with one of our lovely blankets....

6 comments:

Fiona said...

That looks really nice. Love the new orientation.

Grandmother said...

Looks great! Can I come over and read?

Unknown said...

Yes, Grandmother, you can come over and read. I will make a cup of tea...

Grandmother said...

The new couch and surrounding colors makes the drapes look quite appropriate!

Unknown said...

Yeah, the drapes are why we went with a brown color... since I can't seem to get 'round to replacing them.

Jarboetwingles said...

Love the new couch and really love the library!! Do you have a pc or mac computer? I ask because our college minister has a mac that has a library application. He can look through shelves that have the cover jacket images and it has a record system to keep up with who he loans them to.