Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thank you, S&G

A few weeks ago, some of Will's friends from Denver came over for a visit and we had a lovely night by the fire. Lots of laughs and wine and good food.


This morning, I opened my front door and there was a package for Will and I from them. A lovely box tied up with a spring green ribbon-- my favorite color but just how they wrap the boxes.

Inside: the cutest chocolate caramels ever!
It comes from John and Kira's Chocolates, in Philadelphia. They are artisan chocolate makers, among other things. Sandy and Genevieve gave us the ladybugs and bumblebees, which are either dark chocolate ganache or salt honey caramels. They are the sweetest things! And very tasty.

The sad thing is that Will is in Florida for the week. Wait, sad? Lemme rephrase, the *lucky* part is that Will is in Florida this week. heh heh heh

3 comments:

Fiona said...

Awful! I wish those had come *before* you came to NYC, because then I could have had some.

Bummer.

G said...

That arrived quicker than I anticipated but it is still a late engagement gift. I'm so glad you like the little bugs and bees! For some reason we thought of you two when we saw them - perhaps it's the association with gardening.

Unknown said...

I am totally thinking that these with a packet of seeds will be our wedding favor for our English Garden wedding! How cute could that be? And my bug-loving niece Juliette will go nuts over chocolate that looks like a ladybug! It is just too perfect. Thank you so much.