Wednesday, May 2, 2012

my commute

so - I'm busy working now and don't have much time to see sights so thought I'd share some images of what I saw on my commute home....

The junction at Center World - surrounded by lights the road itself is under a raised pedestrian skyway which is beneath the Sky train! Bit of a concrete jungle to be honest - but very lively.


Looking the other way from the walkway there's the buddhist shrine.  Constant traffic in and out, incense and candles burning coupled with heaps of marigolds being offered by those taking a minute to say a prayer. A quaint oasis in the middle of complete mayhem.



























Finally - one of my dinner options.  We have some dude selling chicken (I think) from the front of his motorbike. I'll grab a better picture at some point....street food offerings are something we'll cover in more detail since there are some pretty remarkable offerings. Locals I'm working with have assured me it's fine to eat so we'll have a proper go one night.

No comments: