Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Progress



I went to dinner last night with my friend Kate, but that didn't stop Will from continuing to work on the laundry room.  When I got home, he was slightly off his normal coloring due to the fine layer of white dust that he was covered in.  He had spent the day going between the hardware store and working in the basement.
 BUT, he was able to repair the wall!  I had gone to Home Depot to get wall board-- only the regular size sheet wouldn't fit into my car.  I bought 7  2x2 squares of wall board and 5 2x4 studs.  Will was able to screw the studs to the concrete directly-- oh, yes.  *I* know that all the shows on HGTV or the DIY Network would not approve of this method, but those studs aren't going anywhere.  And it is just the laundry room. 



Will then put all 7 of the squares up, though we have to go back and get one more to finish.  Will then taped the walls and started spackling all the holes and cracks everywhere in the stairwell and laundry room. 

The previous night, we were able to really clean the floor, remove the carpet tacks, the old linoleum tiles.







Tonight, I have spin class.  It is my task to sand the stairs.  I am hoping that someone will get tired of waiting for me and just do it himself.... fingers crossed!

No comments: