Friday, June 24, 2011

Completed Laundry Room

The laundry room is completed!  The dryer was delivered and installed today and Will fixed the doorway.  There is no longer a chunk missing out of the frame and wall.  We are totally amazed at the transformation of the space.  Two weeks of long weekends and week nights, plus having to rebuild a wall unexpectedly, was all that it took.  

As Will remarked, "I feel like I can come down here in my bare feet and not catch something."  I couldn't agree with him more.  I actually want to do laundry now.  The new set up is nice and easy: transferring from washer to dryer is more like twisting. 

The stairs are what Will thinks is the most radically transformed.  The nasty, mildewed, cat pee soaked carpet was removed.  We painted and added carpet tiles on the treads.  They have  slight pattern to them and were so easily installed! 

 I think that the most radically changed are the floors in general.  The vinyl tile--peel and stick! Cut to fit if necessary-- were also easily installed.  The biggest pain: cutting around the door frames.  Will and I have matching blisters on our thumbs from where the scissors rubbed.  But I have already vacuumed and mopped the tiles twice.  It is so quick and easy.




We are excited to show it to our tenant Kelly.  She comes back soon from vacation and we think that she will be shocked at the transformation.  We keep going down to behold our work-- and to fold some clean clothes.

No comments: