Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The King Has Arrived

Will and I are not only upgrading our bedroom, but our bed & bedding as well. We are getting a king bed for the new space. The concern was how to get a king bed up into the attic, since that corner on the stairs is very tight and small.

We decided a platform bed that we can assemble up there-- hopefully the headboard will fit around the corner.

And we decided that we will try one of these memory foam beds. I had been reading that they come pretty compacted and rolled up. I thought that this might be the solution to the stairwell problem. Once it is upstairs, we will open it up and let the mattress "air out" in order to return to it's original shape/size.

The solution was even better than anticipated:

The king mattress is in this box!

I couldn't be more pleased: we will have a king bed and it will be able to get up the stairs. Not that I am concerned about the weight of the box:

It's 70 lbs of concentrated foam! I never realized how heavy foam could be.

Now, if we ever want to move the king bed down stairs (or, yikes!, we don't like the mattress!), I will have to think another solution. But I am hoping that this will become a problem I don't need to solve.

No comments: