Thursday, December 9, 2010

Right On Time!

To add to the general flowery-ness of the house, the Christmas Cactus has also started to open up for the holidays. Actually, a bit early, which is fine with us, since we will be traveling during the holiday season and would therefore miss the hot pink flowers.

Soon, the entire plant will be a mixture of pink and green and sheer loveliness. We have had this cactus for three years now and it is getting bigger every year. Truth be told, I am in competition with my great aunt Matie, though I am not sure that she knows that.

She has three HUGE Christmas cactus that are behind her couch in her living room. And I mean huge-- small child size huge. They have been there for ages and are flabbergastly beautiful during the holidays. I am not sure how she gets all three to bloom at the same time-- other than she is magic. Sure, I only have one at the moment (the small white one we have with its three sprigs I am not counting cuz it looks a bit pathetic), but one day, it will be small child size, bloom during the holidays, and be just as pretty as Matie's three. Then I can work on getting two more...

No comments: