Monday, December 13, 2010

Hoff the Hook

A British tradition for the Christmas season is the pantomime--and not in the black clothes-white faced silent pantomime, but a performance of a children's story with audience participation. For example, when the badie comes out on stage, the audience boos and hisses, or warns the good guy that he or she should look behind them as the bad guy is sneaking up on them. Men dress as women, and women, men. It is all around fun and chaos. Will's mother wanted us to see one for the holidays and picked Peter Pan at the newly re-done Wimbledon Theater.

She called to tell us that she has tickets for this coming Thursday and Andrew was rather excited when she told him who was playing Captain Hook. What she remembered was "it is some famous German actor". I am thinking the dude in "Downfall" or the other dude in "Inglorious Bastards".

We soon discover this "famous German actor" is David Hasselhoff.

Yeah.

Um. What?

So, the Hoff is now the Hook, or as his new nickname suggests: Hoff the Hook.

And of course, there are photos of him posing in front of the theater in his Captain Hook costume and KITT, the car from Knight Rider.



This, folks, is going to be good. I'll let you know how it goes. I know that you are jealous that I get to experience it first hand. Here are more images in case you are that curious.

2 comments:

Clarkson said...

I'm so confused. Is KITT supposed to be his ship? Does it just follow him around everywhere he goes? Will the mermaids actually be Baywatch babes in their red suits? This is too much for me to handle on a Monday morning.

BaysYates said...

Oh my god, I am dying. That is awesome!! I am so excited for you. :)