Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wet Dog in the Morning

Today is the first rainy day we have had with the pup. After pushing her out the door this morning for the morning loo break, I was doubtful I would even get her out for a mid-morning walk. I was able to get her out the front door, and we made it two whole blocks before Stirling decided that she was wet enough. We came to the corner, instead of turning left or right, Stirling turned right around and started walking--indeed, trotting--back home.

We came inside, I toweled her off, and watched as all her fur promptly started to frizz. You can see that she is thrilled with the new hair do.

So, now that the morning "walk" is over, I can get to all my chores done that I put off yesterday since we went out for two walks (totaling 3.5 hours!)...

Also, I will have to run out and get dark sheets or blankets, as wet dog and white duvet covers just do not mix well.

1 comment:

awojo said...

Well consider yourself lucky. After attempts earlier in the day, w e finally talked Buddy into going out in the backyard at 3 this afternoon to at least take care of half of his "morning business!" He has more than happy to stay inside and stay dry today..