Monday, January 11, 2010

The Land Down Under


WILL AND I ARE GOING TO SEE PENGUINS!!!

Sorry for that outburst. I am much calmer now. This morning at approximately 9:15 AM EST, Will and I booked tickets to go to Australia for a belated honeymoon. I am just a wee bit excited, as I didn't think that it was going to happen (until we remembered Will's 23042983413422 frequent flier miles!).

He will be out there working by the time I leave DC via LA to Brisbane to Melbourne. I leave on a Friday, and arrive on a Sunday. I don't even want to talk about that... We are heading down there at the end of February, which is the start of their summer. A chance to escape the cold!

We will have about 2 weeks there and top of the list is Phillip Island, where each night at sunlight the world's smallest penguins, the Little Penguins, waddle ashore to get to their burrows.

Also we will go to the Australian wine country, a train ride to Sydney, an expedition to see kangaroos & koalas, and more wine.

WE CAN'T WAIT!!!

2 comments:

Grandmother said...

Wow! That's very exciting!!

hscfree said...

Take pictures of anything you find related to Aussie Rules Football (pics of actual AFL players would be most appreciated, especially if he is an Essendon Bomber) please!!!