Friday, August 7, 2009

New Garden Toy

I got a gift certificate to Smith & Hawken's for my bridal shower and so, last Monday, Will and I went into the store in Georgetown to see if we could find something to buy.

Did we ever.

The store, the entire company I should say, is closing and there were great deals to be had. And we will keep going back for even better ones as the months get closer to their final countdown.

One of the purchases, and towards which the gift certificate went, is a brand new ginormous thermometer! Because when it is super bloody hot out, you want to know exactly *where* that mercury is on a very large temperature gauge, especially when you can walk into a large, un-air conditioned hot-box of a house...


It is quite pretty and adds just a little more to our garden, which is already pretty much picture perfect.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Ok, wow. I'm glad you had the backup shot because I was like, "Oh, it's maybe 12 inches high." No.