Sunday, August 2, 2009

Goodbyes

After a month-long visit, Hurst Street decided it was time to pack up and go on home. After all, she and the family had been traveling since mid-June, all on a count of me. First it was my wedding, which took them to England, and then it was my seminar, in which Fiona participated. But I would say that after having a sh!tastic start to the month of July, I do think that we know how to say goodbye properly.

We went to dinner at the White Tiger with the other seminar participants. We will never forget the name as they had lots of ways of reminding us:


To celebrate the end of July, the end of month-long seminar during which Fiona meet every day, all day, with a variety of immigration scholars, some good and some better, also during which I had another month-long seminar happening, we ordered beers. Well, let me clarify. Fiona ordered beer...
I ordered a mango lassi, cuz it was freaking hot that day.

Fiona was challenged to a drink off by her compatriots. At one point she was double fisting, though she will deny it and since I only have proof of her drinking one at time, I really shouldn't say such things.

Cuz even if I do, Fiona will tell me that I am wrong, and that I should Suck it, Whig.

However, looking at the table does at least prove that there was indeed much celebrating and cheering to the fact that they were done and could go home and have a brain dump and no longer think of immigration history and policy.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

I'd just like to say, for the record, that Jamie and Paul drank their fair share.

Also, never order a martini at the White Tiger. They're lovely, but they don't know from a martini. Or a Greyhound. Just stick with beer and lassis.

hscfree said...

Ooooh, I should have warned you about that Fiona. I made that mistake in the past.