Thursday, August 13, 2009

Finally!

Our garden is bursting into life! It took it a while, but we have lettuci and chard coming up; our carrots and chives are flourishing; our squash plants are blooming.


Our sorrel is even going to seed-- and the rest of our herbs are going gangbusters.

And yes, that *is* an eggplant on the vine... in my garden...of a gardener who does not like vowel vegetables... Just because I grow it, doesn't mean I eat it. It is certainly pretty on the vine, though. Still, I am not eating it.



And FINALLY! we have a ripening tomato. A nice, big, beefy, juicy tomato almost ready to pluck and eat and digest without sharing... with you, dear reader, not my other half...

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Nice work! Yesterday I bought mini mozzarella balls to eat with my tomatoes and basil. I think you might need to lay in a supply of the stuff, too.