Sunday, June 21, 2009

Better than Baseball

Yeah, you heard me. Cricket is better than baseball.

Will and I went to the Semi-final games of the IOC World Cup of 20/20 Cricket. We saw England v. Australia women's semi-final and the West Indies v. Sri Lanka men's semi-final.

I not only enjoyed myself and the 7 hours of fast cricket, but I understand it! I saw the English women successfully chase down 163 runs with a few balls to spare. I saw several batswomen and men get their 50s, and one Sri Lankan batsman almost get a century. I saw a Golden Duck. I witnessed a total collapse of a team in the West Indies. And I saw crazy fans. It was a fun and entertaining day.









2 comments:

David Mutton said...

Glad that you are a convert!ex

Jarboetwingles said...

Ok I need you to explain it to me when you get home :) I always feel like an idiot when they give the sports report on the BBC world service radio broadcast. I'd really like to understand?