Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Progress is Made

Tonight Will and I have made huge progress in redoing the hallway as well as finishing up the bathroom. We painted the hallway. We were able to cut and paint the trim pieces that we picked up from Smoot lumber yard, which is the oldest continuously running lumberyard in the United States. It was very cool.  A place to match 100 year old trim or get quality solid wood doors.

I think the funniest part of the night was Will working Jamie's nail gun and fancy miter saw that cuts the corners. Will pointed out that any fool can do trim and I added with these tools, absolutely.

I also was able to regrout the tub. We feel it is better to be safe than sorry. I hope that the grouts match. I do know that it looks great with the tile. Not bad for a first tile job!

On tomorrow's docket is trimwork in the hallway and painting at least 10 doors. Then the cleanup begins! Just in time for houseguests this weekend.

Painting the wall in the hallway


adding more grout to the shower/tub stall


Trim down, adding caulk to seal the edges. 


panoramic of the freshly painted hallway

1 comment:

Grandmother said...

What a lot of work!!