Sunday, April 14, 2013

Back to the Future-Part III: Forbidden City

Will says that Blogspot is blocked in China (Doesn't surprise me it is run by Google, and Google and the Chinese Government are the best of friends) so he sent me these photos of his tour through the Forbidden City.  It is more of a taste of what he saw and I have a vague idea of what things are only because I finally read the guide book I purchased a month ago.

Lion guarding the stairs into the buildings where the emperors once lived

the walls around the forbidden city

Will commented that now the trains and station names are in English (we had friends visiting recently who said that when they were there before the Olympics, it was hard to find any sign in English).  He was able to work his way down from the our hotel near the Bird's Nest to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City with ease.  It was unbelievably crowded for 7 am on a Saturday morning, and crushes of people were trying to get into the train cars. 

Gates

the first open square in the Forbidden City
 The treasures room in the palace seem to be his favorite out of all the rooms. I will see if that is mine when I go!
Bridges over into the man buildings of the emperors of China
The Forbidden City

No comments: