Friday, August 6, 2010

Combination Perfect, Execution Not So Much

We are hosting the final bbq for the decolonization seminar this Friday and I am attempting to make ice cream sandwiches using my aunt Carol's most delicious oatmeal cookies and my raspberry swirl ice cream.

The concept is perfect, the execution--not so much.

I think that the main reason is that I need to add baking soda to the mix so that cookies rise instead of spread. I ended up getting pancakes with my small dough-balls:


Not only were they pancakes, but so super thin pancakes at that:
More like crepes, really.

I still attempted to make the homemade ice cream cakes, but not for the party. I ended up with about 6 of them, with the ice cream-to-cookie ratio being off: too much ice cream and not enough cookie.

The taste was still quite delicious. You will have to take my word instead of being shown a photo, as the 6 prototypes have all been consumed.

No comments: