Monday, August 3, 2015

Flashback: Italy

A year ago exactly, Will and I were in Italy.  We went for my birthday present and my parents joined us.  We met them in Rome, where we toured Vatican City and Rome.  We hopped a quick train to Florence and a rental car to Siena.  We then went back to Florence, said our good byes, and Will and I continued on to Venice.  Mom and Dad went on to Milan to then return to the States.  It was all a magical, amazing trip and I can't wait to go back!!  Two weeks wasn't enough time.  Our favorite: Siena, hands down.  Below are photos of Rome.  I'll post the other cities later.
Mom and Dad in front of St. Peter's

La Pieta

Lunch

The Roman Forum

Inside St. Peter's as it was closing

Mom and me with an olive tree

Will looking out on the River Tiber

Dad and I at the Colosseum

Selfies on the top of Castle Angelo

panorama of Rome towards the Vatican

our lunch place with hams and olive oils

Bellini's elephant

The Colossuem

the domes at night

Mom and Dad n the Spanish Steps

pistachio tart

Sneaky photo of the Sistine Chapel's ceiling

Will walking down the double helix stairs of the Vatican Museum

No comments: