Thursday, September 29, 2011

Toe Update

It's been two weeks since I broke my toe.  I went to the orthopedist today and things are healing really well!

A third x-ray showed that the bones shattered in the tip are knitting back together.  The nail is looking more attached and less bloody.  The bruising is finally dissipating. 

The doctor also had me close my eyes and tell him if he was touching my toe or not.  I was able to feel (or not feel, as the case may be) when he was touching it.  So, no nerve damage.  It will take a while for the nail to look normal, but I should have a normal looking nail.

this morning vs.
one week ago




I got an extra soft-cast shoe as a back up.  I am still to wear it whenever I am up, walking.  So stylish.  I see the doctor again in two weeks, and hopefully I won't have to wear the silly thing when we go to Copenhagen! But you know that won't be the case....


1 comment:

Debb said...

OUCH! Still looks painful! but glad to hear it is healing.