Thursday, April 8, 2010

Growth Update

I know that I just finished complaining about the hot weather, but I do have to say that it is exactly what my seedlings need. We have lots of new growth!


Lettuce:

Sprouts:

Strawberries:

Figs (oh, Fiona!!! Aren't you so jealous?!!):

Rhubarb:

It is very exciting to see all of the seeds germinate and poke through the soil. It makes you feel like a real gardener. Of course, we have great luck starting seeds; our luck changes when we transfer the starters to the real garden. This year will be different: we won't let them get too cold or too hot and we aren't going to be traveling during the early summer months. You will just have to come visit us, since we will be busy making sure that all the beans, peas, sprouts, lettuces, fruits, squash, tomatoes, rhubarb, herbs, peppers, onions, chives, and potatoes are growing properly. Just think of how delicious your dinner will be!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you forgot okra and eggplant.

Unknown said...

Hank-- those aren't in my garden... the evil giraffe got them.

Will said...

JOY! I can't wait until those little guys get a bit bigger so I can transfer them to the garden and dote over them.

Hooray for getting filthy in the garden then blocking the shower drain!

Unknown said...

Blocking the shower drain, indeed. You do that and you will be replacing that drain before I let you eat one of the vegetables....

Unknown said...

it doesn't take an evil giraffe to eat okra and eggplant. just a person without some weird vowel-based veggie hangup...