Monday, March 1, 2010

Rain in Sydney


We arrived to Sydney and hurried to the Harbour-- we noticed that the clouds were rolling in. For two days we have wandered around in the rain, but Sydney is still pretty even when wet. We are staying in the hip & cool area of town-- King's Cross-- but we can't show you any photos of the area, as it is loaded with strip clubs, nudity bars, and drag nightclubs. We are a 'g' rated blog after all. We took a harbour cruise and saw the iconic Opera House and Harbour Bridge.


The skyline of Sydney is dominated by the bridge and the tall buildings of downtown.
Kirribilli Point, directly across the harbour from the Opera House, is the home of the Australian Prime Minister. We also went to the Sydney Aquarium where you can walk under the Harbour and see fish, mermaids, and sharks. As soon I figure out how to upload a movie on Will's computer, you see amazing sharks at super close range. Apparently, the curvature of the glass makes the fish and sharks 25% smaller. After looking at these teeth, I can't imagine the shark any bigger.

The rain did get so bad that I had to buy a rain slicker and with my pink shirt, Will said I looked like rhubarb and custard candy. I think he was trying to be kind and make it okay to be seen with me.

2 comments:

G said...

You look so cute in the rain slicker. Glad you posted that one. Of course, your other pictures are great too! Thanks for letting me travel vicariously through you :)

Grandmother said...

At least is isn't snow! I'm envious of your short sleeves as it is still cold here.