Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oysters!

In our travels on the road from Sydney to Melbourne (totally sounds like a Bob Hope and Bing Crosby title... and I so am Dorothy Lamour), we have seen numerous things as we make pit stops along the way to next hotel room.


Will's favorite will be the blowhole we saw in Kiama, but mine was in Pambula, where we passed Weckler's Oyster Farm. We just had to stop and they happen to have a take-away counter, with 24 oysters just waiting for me.

When it comes to oysters, I am a piglet. I never get 24 because of the cost, but when you are buying them farm direct, 24 isn't that bad!

A squeeze of fresh lemon juice and in 3.4 seconds, the oysters were all down the hatch and into my belly. They were delicious.

Don't worry, I did share: Will got 4. He swore that it all he wanted.... I think he was being nice since I obviously was in heaven.

1 comment:

Owen Tatford said...

Bit out of the blue, but hello Mr and Mrs C.! I came across your blog and noticed you are on your way to Melbourne - where I live!
Bill - it would be great to see you after all these years if you have time. Otherwise enjoy your travels,
Cheers Owen Tatford (ex Ferox of course!).
Call/text me on my Oz mobile 0401981240