Monday, February 22, 2010

Worth the Price of Admission



My first look at Oz from the plane-- Qantas has a kangeroo on their planes. Below is Syndey and this point in the trip I still have 2 more hours until landing. 15 hours is a loooooooooooooooong time on a flight.



You can't see the famous opera house from the air, but you can see the beautiful coastline.




And Melbourne: it is very pretty and I agree that it reminds me of London and Portland. Or even San Fran, with the way the weather changes. It will be 80 one day and then 65 with a strong breeze the next. Still, it is sunny and warm (and no snow on the ground).

Will has spent his days in the convention centre. It is a nice facility and I think that my work should consider having it's annual meeting here. January would be lovely and warm here....

Walking around Melbourne means you walk over lots of bridges over the Yarra River. They all have some sort of decoration or sculpture over them, but this is Prince's Bridge and it reminded me of London as it was decorated underneath for the river traffic.

No comments: