Sunday, September 7, 2008

Playing with our food


Will and I prepared dinner last night, which included a fresh garden salad. I pulled up carrots, among a harvest of other veg including a lovely green pepper. Just so you know, our five lovely orange carrots that have nothing on the tasteless carrots you get at the super markets.

But, after I cleaned them up, and cut off their tops, I noticed the unusual shape and similarities to, well, take a look:

Now, the head is obviously not a carrot... that is a yellow pear tomato I harvested along with the carrots. It was such a perfect neck and head! How could I resist not making a veg voo doo doll?

Let me tell you, though, this carrot doll was just absolutely yummy.

1 comment:

ehfriedman said...

HAHAHAH! this totally reminds me of a coffee table book we had. I think it was called "play with your food" ?

ps. i've now read like 8 posts involving your backyard harvests, and every single one leaves me more convinced to come live with you.