Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just a little off the bottom...

A friend of mine has a great hair cut but she lives in Oxford, England. I was totally bummed because I coveted the style. I finally told her and she told me that Remi does it here in DC. She gave me his number. I called, made the appointment, and when I sat in his chair, I said that I was not afraid of short, funky hair. I said I wanted it shorter, maybe similar to my friends. Remi, a Frenchman, tossled my hair, thought about it, and then said "Okay, go get washed." I return with wet hair and as I remove my glasses, I say, "Once these are off, I can't see a thing." "AH! It will be a total surprise." Jes......

I watched the hair fell but I knew that he was putting in texture and layers and whatnot. I wasn't worried. I was finally able to put on my glasses and boy, was it a surprise!






Course, now it has been a few hours since it was cut, and I have run my fingers through it several times. I have been staring at the mirror saying to myself, woah that is short. I do like it and after all, hair will grow back.

The best part is that I made Remi's day. He said so. He said a whole day of boring haircuts, that he wishes for just one funky cut a day and I was his funky cut for the day. He was a bit discouraged at achieving this goal, my appointment being 5:00 and all. But his day turned out a-okay. Now for me to just get used to it...

3 comments:

rd said...

Great hair cut!

Fiona said...

I think you look great! Of course, I'm the original advocate for short hair on you. I still remember you getting in the shower, out of the shower, dressed and out the door in 10 minutes with dry hair. How I hated you that day.

Grandmother said...

Hmmm..can't really tell from the photo. Is it really as short as it appears on the crown of your head? Are you liking it now? You have such pretty shiny soft hair.

You know the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut?

Two weeks.

Love, Your Mother