Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christmas is Coming


We put up the Christmas tree tonight. I haven't put one up in years now (3? 4?) because we are always traveling in December.

This year I put my foot down because I have ornaments I hadn't seem in years. So we got a real tree from down the road and out came the sparkly Santas and the shiny balls and the many, many giraffe ornaments. And some of favorites still? The ones Fiona bought over a decade ago from Crate and Barrel from when I lived by the zoo.... 

1 comment:

Fiona said...

This year I visited Crate and Barrel and was all, "Hey...ornaments!" But what can I do? You're hooked up. I bought some for my MIL. Penguins. Sparkly.

What you need is a catastrophic ornament disaster. Then we could do it all again. Or maybe a second tree. This idea is getting a little over-the-top, I realize. Maybe better to just say: nice tree.