Monday, May 23, 2011

First Signs of Fresh Strawberries

 I checked the garden this morning to see how it was fairing-- with Will out of town and my hosting cousins, it was not a weekend dedicated to the garden.  I was just taking a walk through the Victory Garden and what did my wondering eyes see?


STRAWBERRIES! 

We have several berries forming and ripening and growing right at the moment.  Even the neighbor's plant that crept under the fence has fruit on it.  I say that since that fruit is on our side of the fence, it is mine.  Right?  




Now, on the other side of the Victory Garden, near the roses, we made another discovery: wild strawberries!  Massive amounts of tiny, red strawberries.  Not sure how they got there (there are bird feeders hanging above the ground here, so I can only imagine) but we will enjoy these berries too.  Love these kinds of surprises!

No comments: