Friday, May 27, 2011

The Calm

Will and I flew home for the weekend for a family reunion-- shh!  don't tell my friends since I didn't (though they know that when there is a family event happening, they won't see me).  My great uncle is turning 90 and we are hosting about 70 family members at the old homestead.  All the major tasks are done and we are in the calm for the storm.  



My great aunt and uncle are also staying with my parents so it gives everyone a chance to visit before the chaos begins.  You want this set of relatives to stay with you: they bring you fresh asparagus, sweet corn, cinnamon-caramel sweet rolls with hickory nuts, cookies, cakes.  And because Carol made it, it is all divine. 




Brando has been helping with getting ready for by riding on his "dig dig."  He has been hauling things and pushing, eh, "stuff" to get the venue all ready.
Mom and Chloe count the potential guests-- we lost track somewhere in the seventies-- but we aren't daunted by those numbers.  With this family, we have had more than that show up for the holidays.




Darren wants "you" to make sure that all the drinks, music, chairs, and lightening have all been thought out and placed at the ready.  Believe me, they are!
So, for now, it is just a moment to sit back, relax, and enjoy the company before the company arrives.

1 comment:

BaysYates said...

Booo....you didn't tell us.... :) I hope you had a nice visit anyway. :)