Friday, May 13, 2011

And now: Irises!

 My irises were getting jealous with all the attention that I was paying to the roses, so here is a post dedicated to my favorite flower.

I am actually really excited about the white iris.  It didn't bloom last year at all, since it was trying to recover from being a spot that was too shady.  The previous year we removed a bush that was blocking the iris, but did so too late for it to bloom.  But, this year, it produced some glorious flowers, as did the deep purple one.  This is my favorite iris that we have-- I love how it is almost black when it is just about to unfurl its petals.  I love the delicate shading of lighter purple as one looks closer to the middle.  I just love them!

And last but not least, the multi-purples ones.  We plants two blubs about 5 years and now we have a whole slew of these.  I can't help but think of a painting I gave my parents of irises whenever I see these.  Hey, Mom and Dad, whenever you get tired of that painting, I will take it back!  ;)

1 comment:

Debb said...

I love my iris painting so no take backs!