Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

I am in the New York for the day and the city is getting ready to light the tree at Rockefeller Center. The weather really isn't cooperating today. It is all sorts of wet rainyness and it makes shopping in between meetings a bit of a drag, as I am rather drippy when walking into the stores.
But the windows at Saks are up and quite sweet this year. A dream sequence of a little girl, where she not only flies through air with balloons, but rides on a elephant, dives underwater, and catches the tentacle of an octopus, which turns out to be a merry-go-round!


And all the policemen are lining up at St. Patrick's Cathedral to close 5th Avenue for the tree lighting. Getting final instructions as some clear the streets and redirect traffic. Fun times in the rain.

Still, I am humming Christmas carols to myself and that will make this afternoon's meeting so much merrier and bright.

1 comment:

BaysYates said...

I think I remember pictures like this from past Christmas trips, right? Very cool. :)