Monday, May 24, 2010

Pipes & Tiles & Breakers, Oh My!

Copper pipes went in today for the shower fixture, as well as the durarock sheeting and installation of the shower valve.
Below, another angle of the shower stall. This will be a wall in the bedroom when it has wall board on it.

And here we have inside the stall, with my lovely little bench!:

In other exciting news, the tiles I picked out on Friday is here!

The tile is Italian (of course!) and manufactured by Folio Artistica, and the name of the tile is Meteor. We--and by "we" I am referring to myself and our contractor-- picked the Lava (below) for the shower and Sand (two photos below) for the flooring. The tiles are in 9 x 18 in rectangles for the room's floor and the shower walls. The small squares, like the one below, will be laid on the shower's floor and ceiling.
You can see how there is some reflective bits on the tiles. It is very pretty and I do think better than the tile that Will and I originally picked.
Finally, we have modern electricity: seven 20 amp breakers with two to spare (a 20 amp and a 15 amp). The plugs are working now; next up is getting the recessed lighting in place.


Some issues are popping up: the shower head we picked isn't going to work so we have to get another one; the spray foam dudes made a mess in what will be the storage area that someone will have to clean up; and the old wiring has yet to be deleted as there was some confusion on who was going to do that, the electrician or the contractor. But one week into construction and these are the only issues, where each one can be quickly addressed-- I think that is pretty good! I hope I didn't just jinx the project....

No comments: