Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sprouts

Last year when Will and I planted our seeds, we had wooden markers with non-waterproof ink on them indicating what seeds where what in our starter pots.  The result: all the non-waterproof ink wore off and we weren't sure which plants we were actually planting.  For example, we had two similar looking plants and I knew that one was broccoli and the other was brussels sprouts.   Well, when we were preparing our Victory Garden, we were able to identify one of the plants from last year: Brussels Sprouts! 

We neglected them all winter long and we finally noticed that not only did they grow tall (we have about 4 plants), some have little nubbins of sprouts!  We are hoping that they will continue to grow and be delicious, now that we are no longer neglecting them....

2 comments:

Mike said...

I could use some brussel sprouts. In fact I could use any kind of healthy food right now. Shannon had sinus surgery today so I'm sitting here with her and my future mother in law, eating ice cream, saltines, and ice chips.

Unknown said...

But Ice Cream is so on the "Getting Wedding Diet"! Wait, it isn't? Uh-oh... don't tell Will.