Saturday, February 23, 2013

Banana Bread and Liquid Tablet

I made a banana bread cake in a pretty bunt pan just so I could drizzle it with the liquid Tablet.

In one of the first attempts in making the delicious Scottish candy, the mixture didn't set right.  It never solidified the proper way, even after letting it sit out overnight.  Instead of tossing it-- because it tasted like tablet, after all-- I poured into a jar to use for cake glazes.  I keep forgetting about it.

Luckily, my Italian friend and her husband B came for a visit and I realized that I had enough frozen bananas to make a double batch of banana bread AND that then I could use the fleur-de-lis bunt pan AND then drizzle the liquid tablet on top.

The problem will be 1. keeping Will away from it and 2. not eating it all in one go when we finally do cut into it.

No comments: