Friday, January 4, 2013

Homemade Italian Bread

Most people in DC know that there is a lack of good bakeries here. There are a few exceptions, but they don't make the European style bread: bread just using flour, yeast, salt, and water.

I have been making for a few years now bread based on Jim Leahy's book, "My Bread."  If you love crusty, delicious, homemade bread, You must get this book.

Making the bread is very easy and I have spoiled Will with constantly making the loaves.  For Christmas, Santa (or my mom, I am not sure who), gave me the Römertopf Italian Bread Baker and the Ciabatta Bread baker.  I have turned into a bread making machine.

I baked these Italian loaves the other day and current waiting on the 2nd rise to bake another set.  So so so good.   Seriously, get the book. And the bakers.  You will thank me for it later.