Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Decorations

 My parents' house at Christmas is always decorated for Christmas, with every room having some holiday decoration to celebrate the season.  Every nook and crany, hanging service or bookshelf has a Santa, an angel, or past Christmas card from one of us.  It is always  nice to be home for the holidays.  One of the best decorations: our stockings.  Too many to hang by the fireplace, Mom displays from the "bridge".  And the space in the middle is for the unfinished stocking for Baby Applecookie (it should be done in a matter of hours). 



My stocking and my siblings were made by my Aunt Carol.  Mom has made all the rest.  And as the family keeps growing, she will continue to sew more Santas, presents, and snowmen, all sequenced and done up with a bow.  If only they would face to the right to balance out! 
S

The main tree (there are several, you see) is in the front hall and covered with gorgeous ornaments.  This year, the silver sparkly pine cone stood out to me.  It was just so sparkly!  And underneath was piled with presents, mainly for the little kids, but I think I saw my name under there once or twice....




It will be a lovely holiday, regardless of the gifts, as it is just nice to be home in Kentucky.  Merry Christmas everyone! 

1 comment:

BaysYates said...

It looks beautiful. Glad you had a nice visit. :)