Tuesday, August 9, 2011

At It Again: My Office


 

We are at it again: more home improving.  This time, we are starting to freshen up the first floor (or second floor, depending on what country you are from).  The bedrooms are in desperate need of some renovations: fresh wall and trim paint, fixed plaster, filled-in nails holes.  We are starting with my office, since it is the smallest of the rooms.  
I spent the majority of the time today scraping off the ceiling, walls, and window frames.  There is some major issue in the closet that we are going to have to deal with, but that is typical in this old house.  We picked out a nice soft color for the walls.  Will, not wanting to have a kaleidoscope of colors in the rooms upstairs, has insisted that I keep the colors to a minimum. So, the color of my office will also be used for the second guest room, which is quite dark. 
I am sure that many of you will be just shocked (shocked!) when I tell you that the color I picked for my office is a nice, bright, but soft, spring green.  It will be a couple of days before we are able to get color on the walls-- as you can see, we have a lot of Spackle (i.e. filler) to sand and plaster to repair. 

 We have our work cut out for us, that is for sure.


No comments: