Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This Orchid Goes to 11

Another one of Will's orchids is in bloom, with each day another blossom opening up.  I swear that man is magic with the orchids.  He has another one that has 4 new shoots on it. 

This one has bloomed for him several times, and each time it produces a fantastic amount of flowers. 


It will take a while yet for all the flowers to fully develop and then open, but that doesn't stop Will from checking in on it every day: Misting the plant, moving the clips to support the spike, waiting for the next flower to come.  He has amazing patience for these persnickety plants, coaxing them to bloom again and again.  I do believe he is the Orchid Whisper.

1 comment:

Saori said...

It is a very beautiful flower!
I have not seen flowers in the country.
(My country is Japan.)

I saw your blog and come again.

Thank you.

Yagi