Saturday, February 19, 2011

Root Beer Float

I had a hankering for root beer float.  I don't know from where this desire came, or why it surfaced in the middle of February.  Root Beer Floats are something for summer and definitely from childhood.  Maybe it was the unseasonably warm day we had, or maybe it was because I got a new bottle of CO2 for my Soda Stream.

I made vanilla ice cream--using David Leibowitz's recipe, of course!  I made the root beer with the flavoring mix for the soda stream.  It is the perfect kind of root beer: really creamy tasting.  In goes three (!) scoops of ice cream and fill the pint glass with the drink, and instant dessert and instant gratification. 

My British spouse was appalled that I used the ice cream in such a manner (his dessert was a bowl of ice cream with raspberries); My American friends over for dinner asked for more.   All I know is that for one summery day in February, I was feeling like it was mid-July and I was 14 again... 

No comments: