Thursday, January 6, 2011

Phantom Menace

Luna is over for a playdate today - joy of joys - more dogs! The three have been romping around the house and garden all morning having a whale of a time.

Everything seemed to be going just fine until I saw the carcass.......

The football toy, presented to Stirling at Christmas had been methodically dismembered in the most violent and perverse way. Who could do such a thing I asked myself? Who could stoop so low and commit such a vile crime?

I assembled the suspects, the tribunal began:


Initially the power of their ringleader blinded me - I didn't need to see any identification, these weren't the dogs I was looking for. I should go about my business....

I focused on one who can stoop no lower - Bartleby. Then my attention focused on the vizsla who has already seen time in this courthouse, a repeat offender perhaps?

No - slowly...their lies crumbled in the face of my questioning and they revealed a conspiracy of epic proportions. Fortunately they were caught before the entire galaxy came under the control of the iron fist of.....

Darth Stirl-ing-der

Middle-aged politician of the house who has risen to power through deception and treachery (and whoring herself out for treats). She outwardly behaves like a well-intentioned and loyal public servant, yet underneath her affable public persona lurks her true identity: Darth Stirl-ing-der, a Dark Lord of the Sith.

Using her manipulative powers she had forced her padawans to carry out the heinous crime. It went down like this....sending the little one to distract me, the big one went and did the business.

The motive? Apparently she doesn't like chew toys or something.....

Proud and unbowed she vows to fight on. Fortunately her minions have exited her shadow.

The investigation continues....(I just want to make sure none of them are my father)

No comments: