Thursday, July 23, 2009

Let the Cooking Begin

This weekend I have about 70 people coming to my house for a bbq. Yeah, you read that correctly: seventy. 7-0. One more than 69. There will be much cooking at my house this weekend. Thank goodness I have Hurst Street staying with me for the month. Not to mention my wringer: The Italian.

We have a great menu all ready to go: beef bbq, Aunt Carol's oatmeal cookies, Mammy's Pound Cake... and anything with salt, cuz I have to have some excuse as to why I bought my salt bowl (in Canterbury, UK , nonetheless!). You reach in and grab as much salt as you want and what you don't use, you can throw back in!


The bowl is made in Canterbury, England by the sweetest man named Richard. His shop, called Canterbury Pottery, is right off the city center, very near that famous church some of you might have heard of...When we were in the store, he was commenting that he hoped no one would be in the store at 3:00 pm so he could listen to his favorite radio program! Richard has been a potter since, well, all of his life. He learned it from his mom-- kinda like how I learned to cook from watching my mom. If you get to Canterbury, go to the shop. But if you are in DC this weekend, don't come here. I already have too many people coming over...

1 comment:

Grandmother said...

I'm anxious to hear how the bbq went. I figured Sunday was spent recovering. I spent it packing. St. Petersburg is on the horizon.