Saturday, November 15, 2008

Care for a lounge with me?

We bought a new sofa. And by "bought", I mean Will saw a sofa online, IMed me the link for my thoughts, and then he got it. It took all of 3 seconds.

It arrived in pieces and (thank goodness for her!) Kelly and I pushed, heaved, carried, slid, and pulled them into the house. We put it together, much to our amusement (and equal loathing of Allen wrenches), and then we spent the better part of the evening arranging the living room. All in all, an excellent cardio workout.

The sofa really is a twin bed in disguise. It looks like a sleigh bed, it has numerous pillows as a day bed would, and two people can lay on it, shoulder to shoulder.

At first, I didn't approve. It is so big and....well, bed-like. Will came home, saw it, sat on it, and then fell asleep on it for the entire night. Thus proving the point that this sofa is not a sofa but an extra bed...in a house with 3 extra beds already (and yes, all of them booked for the Inauguration, sorry!). It completely met with Will's approval.

But having now spent my own time on the couch, enjoying the view out the windows, stretching out with my kitty AND Will, I approve.

Now, you can't really sit in this couch, per se. Case in point: if I were to sit with my back against the back of the sofa, the end of the cushion hits my ankles--and I am a tall girl. Imagine if you were shorter?

You really lounge in this sofa. But, really, isn't that the point??





3 comments:

Fiona said...

I like it. Charles says, "Big, but extra seating [ie, that's good]"

Anonymous said...

I am thinking I might just move in...clearly you have a place for me to sleep. :)

Rae said...

I think that sofa may be bigger than my living room!

I. Want. One.