Sunday, February 16, 2014

Walk in a Winter Wonderland

I took Stirling and Angus for a walk in Dumbarton Park Woods-- where we walk during the summer a lot because of the access to water.



I was not the only person to have the idea of taking a stroll through the woods: the path was so trodden that is was more ice than snow. 


Stirling had no issue walking on the ice; Angus wasn't so thrilled. After days of quick walks around the block, these pups were in need of a nice long walk.
The sun shining made it quite pleasant. I got warm enough to loosen my scarf, take off my hat, and pull off my gloves. 

Stirling, however, got considerably warmer and decided to cool down by going into the stream.

I guess having a black fur coat that keeps heat in is a disadvantage when the sun is strong no matter what the season.  As we walked home, the water dropped off her legs and started forming icicles. She didn't mind one bit.  I know this cuz she went in again! 




No comments: