Thursday, January 2, 2014

A good start


It is the new year and it is off to good start. A fantastic Christmas and a low-key New Year's Eve has now given way to a lovely, peaceful snow fall. 

Anymore when the forecast calls for flakes, I don't pay attention. 

Tonight though it was like my reward for going to the old meeting of tweed. I have been away from it for three years now and this time it is in my backyard basically. 

So I went. 

And it was interesting to see that in so many ways time has stood still.  Maybe a
bit more tweed is being worn and definitely more grey, but it is the same conversations about the same things. I don't miss it at all. 

I did see dear friends and we will catch up later when there isn't so much business to be conducted. So after a few hours in my old life, I returned home. Walked the dog. Watched Miss Marple. 
And I thought about the twelves years. Tomorrow there is a session in how I spent it, though I'm not the focus. I am not sure I will be mentioned, but I plan on going.  Unless the snow keeps coming down and I decide to build a snowman instead. 





No comments: