Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Belgian Chocolates


When I was in Belgium, I of course wandered in and out of several chocolate shops.  The displays, the sites, the smells: all were amazing. I bought from Pierre Marcolini-- on the Petite Grand Salon square.  Not really knowing what I was picking, and not really caring because it would all be awesome chocolate, I ended up with Savour du Monde, "flavors of the world."

These are thin wafers with the origin of the chocolate imprinted on each piece. Java, Ghana, Madagascar, Brazil, Trinidad, and Venezuela.   Some were darker than others; some with more butter fat.  But all have been so far (I am not that big of a piglet!) melt in your mouth outrageously delicious chocolate.  It is unfortunate that there are only 16 pieces... or maybe fortunate, as I will just have to go back to Brussels and purchase more....


No comments: