Thursday, September 6, 2012

Time to Make the Fig Jam


Upon our arrival home from visiting Kentucky, there was a great need to harvest the abundance of figs from our tree.  I was able to pick about 50-60 within the first go-around.  I had to come in because I was being eaten alive by the mosquitoes.  (Ugh they have been so terrible here!  I can hardly stand to go outside at dusk!)

The next morning, Will picked another 100 more.  With that many, I had plenty for fig jam.  I was able to make 5 jars of jam; even better I managed to give 4 away!  The next morning, we had toast with fig jam on it.  Delicious.  I do think that I can make an improvement though, and that is to make it so that it is homemade jam on homemade bread...  oh! Brilliant!: that is exactly what we will be having for breakfast when my parents come to visit in a few weeks.

No comments: